Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random BSOD - Programs Randomly Crashing

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ITGeekGirl

ITGeekGirl

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:36 PM

Okay I am at my wits end.My computer is Windows 7 64bit.  I've had this computer for about a year. It's the computer I record my gameplay videos for YouTube and render them out with Adobe Premiere CS6. 

For the past month it has been randomly crashing programs and giving me BSOD. Reasons range from MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, to even PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

I thought it might be a HD problem. I currently have 2 internal drives and 1 External. Scans show no problems. 

I thought it might be a video driver problem. I downloaded the latest drivers and did a clean install.

I thought it might be malware. I've run every program I have in my arsenal. Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, Rkill, Rouge-killer, and all they've turned up was some PUPs and some tracking cookies. Nothing serious.

I thought something in my OS might be broken. I've run the tweaking windows repair all-in-one. Still having the same problems. Sometimes my games will just up and close so this FEELS like malware. It's just so random! But I don't want to do a complete reformat and reinstall everything to find it was a hardware issue. Do you understand what I am saying? 

I've even tried restoring my computer to a previous point, but the issue persists. 

Please help me out here, I'm begging you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Miguel_92

Miguel_92

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:56 PM

I got told a while back that PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA could be a RAM problem. Not sure about the other BSOD Problem. So you could try a ram test to see which one is faulty.

Edited by Miguel_92, 21 December 2014 - 04:06 PM.

#3 ITGeekGirl

ITGeekGirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:55 PM

I don't know how I'd test it, since it's completely random. One day I went all day without a single crash or BSOD. Another day it happened every hour.

#4 Miguel_92

Miguel_92

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:17 PM

How much ram has your PC got? And you can download programs to check your ram for errors.

Edited by Miguel_92, 21 December 2014 - 06:19 PM.

#5 ITGeekGirl

ITGeekGirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:22 PM

16G

#6 Miguel_92

Miguel_92

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:33 PM

Better than my awful PC Anyway lol which only has 3GB. memtest86 can test ram if my memory serves me correctly but you will need a blank USB Drive or a blank CD to download it.

#7 ITGeekGirl

ITGeekGirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:42 PM

Okay so instead of running that program, I've taken two sticks of RAM out. If it crashes or BSODs I'll put these two in and take the other two out. Then we can find out if it's a bad stick or not.

#8 Miguel_92

Miguel_92

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:24 PM

I also forgot to mention that as a test lol. How often does your PC Crash? Is it every few days or every day?

#9 ITGeekGirl

ITGeekGirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:38 PM

It's usually pretty random. So far it's been a day since I removed the RAM, and no problems. I'll give it another day before I say it was the RAM after all. 

#10 Miguel_92

Miguel_92

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:48 PM

Ah Right.  If it is the RAM at least you won't have to format your PC which i feel like doing atm. What games do you stream on youtube btw?

#11 ITGeekGirl

ITGeekGirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:57 PM

Mostly minecraft, but I play a lot of other games for fun as well. I'm pretty confident it was the RAM at this point. Computer is running way better than it has ever. I'll try playing some of the games it was frequently crashing on tonight.

#12 Miguel_92

Miguel_92

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:15 PM

Good stuff. I only play GTA 3 & VC on PC and that's only when i can be bothered lol but i use my PS4 Mainly. Hopefully the games won't crash this time :lol:

#13 ITGeekGirl

ITGeekGirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:25 AM

No crashing while gaming, or rendering. No random BSOD in over two days. I think we nailed this one. RAM it was!

#14 Miguel_92

Miguel_92

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:43 PM

Great! Glad i could help B).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users