Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which language should I choose? (It'll be my second one)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cybbermouse

Cybbermouse

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:06 PM

I know some C++ and I want to develop it but also start learning a new one. I'm searching for a language matching me. 
• I want (in future) to programm softwares but not games. What type of softwares? The ones that generally work with computer. Not a software that adds numbers but for example TeamViewer. It's a stupid example but I think you know what I mean. 
• I can try to manage a difficult language. 

I consider Ruby and JS. Which one can you recommend to me? Maybe should I take into my consideration not only these two?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,301 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:50 PM

Ruby is typically used as a server-side web development language. JavaScript is typically used as a client-side in-browser language; and occasionally as a server-side web development language in the form of Node.JS.

If you want to build something like TeamViewer I don't think you're going to beat C or C++ given that such programs typically require installing a driver to capture the host system's framebuffer.

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#3 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:52 PM

Java would be a more profitable choice. Everything uses java now-a-days and there is always a need for Java programmers.

Gavin Seabrook

#4 ChiefTech

ChiefTech

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:17 PM

For desktop applications I would recommend making the jump to Visual Studio. Primarily C#. It's a very strong programming language and there is TONS of documentation for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users