Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gmail/ Google account

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gunner 1

gunner 1

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:11 AM

Hi Is there any way of removing/deleting a Google account/ gmail from a win 7 pc ie9 I don't have the password and when I go through the password recovery it says no record of it. I looked at doing a restore but don't have a restore point early enough, if I reinstall windows will that remove it or will it come back with the reinstall, hope you can understand this.

Regards Gunner

Edited by hamluis, 21 December 2014 - 02:51 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Guest_LighthouseParty_*

Guest_LighthouseParty_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:21 AM

Hello there,

We need a bit more detail, as your question is quite confusing.

Are you referring to deleting a Gmail account permanently, so you cannot login to it anymore? Also, just to clarify, Windows is completely different to Gmail. Re-installing it won't affect or delete your Gmail account.

Thanks,

Lighthouse Party

#3 gunner 1

gunner 1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:11 PM

Hi Lighthouse Party,
Sorry for the confusion, what I did was to make a gmail address but didn't make a copy of the password, when I filled in the password recovery it asked for a email contact other than the one for gmail, so I put my normal email address
When I clicked and sent it it came on screen as no record of that address. I have tried a few password recovery programs which show a few passwords but not the one I need. Senior citizens and computers aren't a good mix.

Regards Gunner

#4 Guest_LighthouseParty_*

Guest_LighthouseParty_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:13 PM

I would recommend you post your question in Gmail forums, for better assistance on this issue.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/gmail

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users