Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

flash problems

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ter67

ter67

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:23 AM

Hi folks ive been sending yous messages telling yous ive got problems trying to get videos on my pc and with me not being to great with computers i dont know what to do .i had the chap that has been looking after my pc for about 10yrs now and he always seems to fix it but not this time ,he said its the "FLASH" on my pc thats causing the problems so now i cant watch the videos i always watch like ,football and small vieos of video sites could anyone help me here i`d be much obligded to you but remember i`m not a wizard with pc`s sorry .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:40 AM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  When  FileHippo opens, click on Download latest version in the upper right pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 ter67

ter67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:30 PM

Hi i done everything you said to do like download "speccy" then click on the FILE surrounded in red and went down and clicked on publish snapshot ,but when i did this

a box opened up with an   X in a circle sign and it says `a connection with the server could not be established.

so now i cant get any further .

ps; i tried it a cpl of times..

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:33 PM

I've run across the problem of not being able to access the server, but I usually can use it later on.

How about the MiniToolBox?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 ter67

ter67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:38 AM

havent tried mini toolbox m8 but i`ll check it just now .thanks and hope you have a lovely christmas/new year

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:02 AM

Are you having problems getting online, downloading, or any other problems other than not being able to play online videos?

What flash player are you using?

What browser are you using?

#7 ter67

ter67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:02 PM

Hi hope i`ve got this right i was searching for my flash and found a box that has "a box with (your sysytem information) and below it has

your flash version-15.0.0

your browser name -firefox

operating system-(os)windows 7

i hope this is correct m8. 

Also about having  problems getting online (no problem) here and when i`m downloading its error boxes that come up but theyr mostly about flash

and thats about all i can think of as its been running great for a while now its just when i started to download videos from youtube and i put the video uploader with the 3 litttle balls blue+red+yellow i think they are and when i tried to download a video to my desktop it wouldnt work due to an error.

i usualy watch the football of a site called wiziwig  but i went to watch the game on sat and the error box came up again the 1 i told you at the top .

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:36 PM

Post the error message exactly as you see them.

Without the information I requested I'm really hamstrung as far as being able to help you.

#9 ter67

ter67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:43 PM

Hi i tried again and again and i finaly got the toolbox downloaded and check marked the four listed also ive noticed that when i try to get into a site to watch a footballl match or video to watch a box opens up with what i already told you >>[ THIS PLUGIN IS VULNERABLE AND SHOULD BE UPDATED ACTIVATEadobe flash ]. check for updates.and sometimes a page comes up mostly white and says [UNABLE TO CONNECT TO PROXY SERVER] Hope this helps you a bit better if not just let me know thanking you so much .

#10 ter67

ter67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:37 PM

Also when i tried to check the plugins "a box pops up that has(jaffa update needed)and on the first line down >>>[update recommended ]

( get the latest security update from java .com.)then when i click on this box a jafa page opens up which  has  (download jafa for windows)recommended version8update25(file size ;623kb)the box below says (THE BOX BELOW SAYS) " AGREE AND START FREE DOWNLOAD.

Then when i click the red square box another box opens which has below the browser bar (opening jxpiinstall.exe)an arrow just below my browser bar and when i click on this ARROW it goes onto another box which says(java install is in progress )you must finish this installation before you can run this installer.i hope you got the part i put in about (the mini toolbox) i sent before .Also ive noticed that it seems to be like if i try to watch a movie online ,it gives me all the hasstle but when i just want to watch a small video on youtube (dont know about other sites ) but the small ones on yt seem to play but if its a large file it doesnt seem to play ,sorry i cant be of much help mate believe me i`m trying .     

#11 ter67

ter67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:13 PM

Hi my friend sorry i havent been back in touch with you before now but with all those festivities going on i havent been online .

Also ive just come to the conclusition that the best thing to do is put it into a shop and let them figure it out infront of them ,save a lot of hastle aswell

but your offer to help me was much appreciated and all the best for 2015..

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:20 PM

This is probably the best thing to do under the circumstances.  I hope it is something simple and won't be too expensive.

Good luck in the new year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users