Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to Post Reply

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Elbow Man

Elbow Man

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:26 AM

I created my account and clicked the link in the verification email.  I tried to respond to an existing post, but received the following message.

"An error occurred.  You do not have permission to reply to this topic."

Is there something else I need to do before having the permission to post a reply?  The specific post that I was trying to respond to is at the following address.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560473/dhcp-disconnecting/

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:47 AM

The topic you wanted to respond to is in Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs.

On the main MRL page in the blue section is this

Only members of the Malware Response Team or Moderators are allowed to help people with logs.

Those people and the topic starter are the only ones who can reply in a MRL topic.

Due to the highly specialized nature of MRL the restriction prohibits others from making "me to" or "this is how I fixed it" posts in topics.

This is in place to make sure those seeking help in MRL get assistance from those who have been highly trained in the use of tools used in MRL and for security.

Part of the description under Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs states

For security purposes, only authorized personnel may respond to requests for assistance.

Having said that, there post did not contain the required logs for MRL.
I moved it to Am I Infected. Since AII is open for anyone to help in you can reply to it now.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 21 December 2014 - 03:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users