Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

awsewlte processes multiplying, slowing down my computer significantly.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 V-G-K

V-G-K

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:15 AM

So long story short is that very recently, I started experiencing a lot of the same problems in this thread. (I'd try the solutions there, but I want to play it safe.) I've been seeing a lot of self-replicating awsewlte processes clogging up my memory and my CPU. It's only started happening very recently (yesterday). I've terminated the errant processes time and again, but half the time, that only creates more of them to take their place. (It's also worth noting that they're somehow tying themselves to Chrome, so I'm limited in my ability to get rid of them, even when I've completely ended all Chrome processes. Also, I think it's all using Chrome to run invisible, inaudible background ads.) I've looked at what's generating them, and it all ties back to files in the EmieBrowserModeList (or something like that) folder. Unfortunately, even when I've deleted the relevant files in those folders, they just regenerate, too. I can't scan for viruses very well right now, either, given the aforementioned memory problems.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users