Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Much Do You Spend On Groceries Every Week?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 19 June 2006 - 09:44 PM

How much do you spend on groceries every week?
I was just wondering what everybody has to pay to eat.

Also how many people do you feed?

We have a family of 4 and every 2 weeks we spend like 120-130 on groceries.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 19 June 2006 - 10:16 PM

Hmmm ... you've made me really think about it, Cowsgonemadd - grin! (Normally, I pretend I'm 'blind' when zipping up and down the aisles as the prices have a tendency to make me hyperventilate).

There are 2 of us to feed and it comes to about $250 every two weeks. (Nope, no junk-food - just expensive area of Canada we live in).

Mara
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#3 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 20 June 2006 - 06:30 AM

You do pretty good for a family of 4 cowsgonemadd3.
Just me and the wife. $65.00-$75.00 a week. (Chicago area)

#4 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 20 June 2006 - 07:33 AM

That brings up a good question. I thought about it, and there are 3 of us, My 3 year old daughter, my Wife and myself, and Id say we spend about $200 bi-weekly, give or take about $25. That just seems too much, considering with the exception of my daughter, my wife and I only eat twice a day normally, and the only meal is Dinner. I usually eat fruit in the morning, and maybe a sandwich in the afternoon.

My point is, your question made me take a gander in the pantry, and I just realized that we could probobly eat for a month from what is in there, yet we still continue to buy more.

Thanks CGM3, Im gonna go and see if I can't get myself a night on the couch, and save a couple bucks at the same time!!! LOL

nos :thumbsup:
When I'm right, I'm right....
And when I'm wrong, I could have been right....
So I'm still right, cause I could have been wrong.

#5 lizbeth

lizbeth

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 20 June 2006 - 07:39 AM

Lizbeth here

Three of us 2 adults , and one 19year old daughter, who after having recently moved out decided to come back home cos her and her flatmate could,nt feed themselves oh! the price of food, so our food bill is now back up to 140 a month for our big shopping,not counting the odd extras like milk etc, we may run out of during the month, we order our shopping groceries online and have them delivered. Shopping is ssssooooo! boring. Well seen i,m on my day off eh!! :thumbsup:

yours lizbeth Scotland UK :flowers:

#6 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:23 AM

If it were not for the dairy our bill would be up there a lot. We drink about a gallon of milk a day...Between us and sometimes more.
3 bucks a gallon x 31 = 93 bucks..give or take

#7 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 20 June 2006 - 08:27 PM

That brings up a good question. I thought about it, and there are 3 of us, My 3 year old daughter, my Wife and myself, and Id say we spend about $200 bi-weekly, give or take about $25. That just seems too much, considering with the exception of my daughter, my wife and I only eat twice a day normally, and the only meal is Dinner. I usually eat fruit in the morning, and maybe a sandwich in the afternoon.

My point is, your question made me take a gander in the pantry, and I just realized that we could probobly eat for a month from what is in there, yet we still continue to buy more.

Thanks CGM3, Im gonna go and see if I can't get myself a night on the couch, and save a couple bucks at the same time!!! LOL

nos :thumbsup:

Gotta love the internet...

Well I think my mom spends like 400$ bi-weekly on grocceries. Family of 4 2 adults, me (16), bro (11)... that is canadian currency and you gotta hate living in remote areas of canada...

Yeah and that doesn't include the wild meat (moose, ect...)

#8 LaChica

LaChica

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 21 June 2006 - 12:56 PM

i have my mom + dad, my bro, and my doggie Charlie :thumbsup:
probably $300 per week cause we buy the expensive out of country food
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users