Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to Make a Recovery Disk Lenovo Laptop

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 LittleGreenDots

LittleGreenDots

• Members
  • 444 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:52 PM

I have a Lenovo G570 laptop and I want to create a recovery disk.  I made one when I first got the computer but the disks are scratched and I fear they won't work.  I went to the Lenovo forum and I can't find instructions.  They have a one-key recovery system but I want the disk.  Besides being infected (and still waiting for help) I am having problems with my Windows Notepad and want a disk.

Anybody know?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,743 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:59 PM

From what I read One Key recovery will create those disks.

I see the following note:

Note:
If you use CD, you'll need 17 CDs
If you use DVD, you'll need only 3 DVDs

From: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Welcome-FAQs-Knowledge-Base/How-to-create-quot-Factory-Default-Recovery-Disc-quot-with/ta-p/274167

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:05 PM

You should wait until you are given a clean bill of computer health to avoid any problem with creating a system repair disk.

I think that is what you are wanting to create....a System Repair Disk. A System Repair Disk can be created using any Windows 7 computer.

I would seriously recommend creating an image of the entire drive and store it on an external medium such as an external hdd or DVDs.

That's after you finish getting the malware removed.

You can use the backup program in Windows 7 or another program such as Macrium Reflect to create an image. That image 

can be easily used to reinstall on existing hdd or onto another drive when your present hdd fails.

To create a system repair disc
  1. Open Backup and Restore by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Backup and Restore.

2. In the left pane, click Create a system repair disc, and then follow the steps. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Note
    • If you're prompted to insert a Windows installation disc, it means that the files needed to create the system repair disc can't be found on your computer. Insert a Windows 7 installation disc.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:52 PM

Open MRL topic at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560024/stolen-email-passwords-and-various-yahoo-service-issues/page-1#entry3569651 .

Please...complete the topic listed above before making any changes or opening any new topics that might require/suggest changes to your system.  Thanks :).

This topic is closed to avoid confusion.]

Louis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users