Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Browse Internet.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BlackHayate

BlackHayate

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 19 June 2006 - 08:20 PM

Hi, I have a Dell laptop, and my internet isn't working. My cable hooked to router and its working fine. Is there anything you can help with? I checked almost every thing (IP, DNS, etc.) and it says working properly. I think some files that to run internet is missing because I just got some spyware and adware on it (Spyware Quake, securityinternet, Smitfraud) After I removed it, My internet isn't working anymore. I used IE, and I used SpywareDoctor to remove those infections. Please help, thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BlackHayate

BlackHayate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2006 - 01:16 AM

I really need help ASAP, please! So I tried to find any website that I can get into, I ended up at www.xanga.com. I can load it but only the top part, and its still keep loading but nothing else can be view. what does this mean? MY laptop need to be able to use internet soon, please help. I use the same router as my desktop computer, so I think it shouldn't be at the router or modem. Please help, Thank You.

#3 BlackHayate

BlackHayate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2006 - 03:38 AM

Hi again, I figured what is missing from my internet. When I tried to check my connection status, nothing come up. No tab, no error. If you don't know what I'm talking about here the picture of what its supposed to show. : Posted Image

#4 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 20 June 2006 - 05:59 AM

Hello,

I suggest you first try to have one of the HijackThis team help you out. Here is a link to the HijackThis tutorial that will guide you through the process of installing running and posting a log to the appropriate forum:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-hijackthis/

Here is a link to the forum for posting HJT logs:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

You may want to download and install Spybot S & D as well as AdAware SE prior to following the HJT guide, as this may detect some of the problems. That is, if you havn't already done so.

If it is in fact a problem related to the deletion of system files or some other problem like that, there will be help for you around the forum, but I am guessing that you are infected with a stubborn Malware. Simply using a program or two to detect and kill the infection will not work effectively if the infection is rather severe. There are several steps involved to properly remove all traces of malicious activity, so I would start there.

Hope this helps,

nos :thumbsup:
When I'm right, I'm right....
And when I'm wrong, I could have been right....
So I'm still right, cause I could have been wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users