Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Word template for preprinted holiday stationery

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cynthia Moore

Cynthia Moore

• Members
  • 317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:03 PM

I have several boxes of preprinted holiday stationery. One of them has an image of Santa and a reindeer in the upper right corner and the rest of the reindeer across the bottom of the page. See an image here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/boo5ohbgh0ppp2r/AACdFE2Bv0Zqy1lzlGcSUPnGa?dl=0

I would like to create Word 2007 template for each of these types of stationery that will flow the text around the preprinted images.

For the Santa stationery, I have the reindeer at the bottom taken care of by making a large footer space. I am having trouble with the Image in the upper right corner. I inserted a rectangle using the Draw tools and was able to get the text to flow around it. I have to set the rectangle to no fill and no border so it doesn't print. (Is there some other way to make it non-printing?)

Is there a way to insert an irregular shape so the text will flow around the image more closely? I was able to make an irregular shape using the Freeform tool, but the text flow was around the circumscribed rectangle.

Thanks

Running Win 10 & Office 365.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:02 PM

I think that is about as good as you are going to be able to do in Word. We have a letter template which has a small image in the top right hand corner, the image is basically oval but it still has the rectangular outline around it if you click on it. And I just tried importing an irregular shaped piece of clip-art and that too came up with the rectangle around it, but a very tight one.

Unless you are wanting to print between the reindeer's horns and Santa's head I think that is as good as it will get. Just make your box fit as closely to the image as you can without cutting into it. You could almost certainly be more flexible in a desktop publishing application - MS Publisher for example. But that is really too much hassle for writing somebody a - presumably - informal note or letter.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:22 PM

Another way to do this would be to adjust the right indent on each line so that it lines up with the image.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users