Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

rookits

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tomtom4u86

tomtom4u86

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:05 PM

can someone tell me the best way to get rid of tdsskiller cause it's killing me !! I have tried avg the microsoft tool sofus and malwarebytes. thanx.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 19 December 2014 - 02:57 PM.
moved from Windows 7 to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Miguel_92

Miguel_92

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:37 PM

What issues is it actually causing?

#3 jkostar

jkostar

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:29 PM

tdsskiller is a rootkit removal tool, and not malware. This is an executable file and does not install, so there should be no removal necessary.  I have not heard of this application causing issues previously, and i would also be interested in knowing what issues this is causing.

Edited by jkostar, 19 December 2014 - 03:34 PM.

#4 Miguel_92

Miguel_92

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:46 PM

tdsskiller is a rootkit removal tool, and not malware. This is an executable file and does not install, so there should be no removal necessary.  I have not heard of this application causing issues previously, and i would also be interested in knowing what issues this is causing.

I've used it multiple times on various machines and it has has caused zero problems for me. Baffled as to what it could be seen as you cannot uninstall it as you say.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:02 PM

As already noted...TDSSKiller Rootkit Removal Utility is a specialized fix tool created by Kaspersky specifically for TDSS rootkit infections so it only checks those locations (i.e. infected/patched/forged files in the Windows drivers folder and the Master Boot Record) the rootkit is commonly found. The tool is a stand-alone application available in .exe or zipped versions so no installation is necessary. After using it, just right-click on TDSSKiller from it's saved location, and choose delete from the context menu to remove it.

What malware issues are you dealing with that required using this tool?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#6 tomtom4u86

tomtom4u86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:19 PM

What issues is it actually causing?

I have 4 to 5 ie's running at the same time using lot't of memory computer is very slow.

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:28 PM

Please download RKill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.

• Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
    Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
  • A log file will be created and saved to the root directory, C:\RKill.log
  • Copy and paste the contents of RKill.log in your next reply.

Important: Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware photo.jpg?sz=48 and save it to your desktop.

• Double-click on the setup file (mbam-setup.exe) to install, then follow these instructions for doing a THREAT SCAN in normal mode.
  • Don't forget to check for database definition updates through the program's interface (preferable method) before scanning.
  • After the scan, make sure that everything is checked and then click the Remove Selected button to remove all the listed malware.
  • After rebooting the computer, copy and past the mbam.log in your next reply.

If Malwarebytes encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes from removing all the malware.

To retrieve the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 scan log information (Method 1)

• Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
  • Click the History Tab at the top and select Application Logs.
  • Select (check) the box next to Scan Log. Choose the most current scan.
  • Click the View button.
  • Click Copy to Clipboard at the bottom...come back to this thread, click Add Reply, then right-click and choose Paste.
  • Alternatively, you can click Export and save the log as a .txt file on your Desktop or another location.

To retrieve the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 scan log information (Method 2)

• Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
  • Click the Scan Tab at the top.
  • Click the View detailed log link on the right.
  • Click Copy to Clipboard at the bottom...come back to this thread, click Add Reply, then right-click and choose Paste.
  • Alternatively, you can click Export and save the log as a .txt file on your Desktop or another location.

-- Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.

How do I access and save logs from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

Note: A 14-day trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium is available as a pre-selected default option when first installing the free version (regardless of where you download) so all users can test the real-time protection component/features for a period of two weeks. When the limited time period expires those features will be deactivated and locked. Enabling the Protection Module feature again requires registration and purchase of a license key. If you continue to use the free version, there is no requirement to buy a license...you can just use it as a stand-alone scanner. Users who have previously completed the trial will not be prompted to start the trial upon upgrade or reinstallation.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users