Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard not usable after windows 7 pro loads

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 devildog63

devildog63

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:59 PM

The keyboard has the first light lit up, and allows me to enter into safe mode or normal mode okay. but, after windows loads the keyboard does not function ( the light is still on). The mouse functions fine. I've checked the USB ports. I've changed the keyboard. Same result.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:41 PM

You are saying that the keyboard does not function normally in safe mode?

System manufacturer and model?

Did you try deleting the USB controllers in Device Manager, then rebooting (they reinstall automatically)?

Louis

#3 devildog63

devildog63
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:25 PM

Thank You for responding. I used a Microsoft wireless keyboard and it recognized it and downloaded it's driver. For some reason it didn't recognize it's own HP keyboard or the other 2 HP keyboards I tried using. Problem resolved.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:46 PM

:thumbup2: , nice work...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users