Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netgear Router

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 taylorbud

taylorbud

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:04 AM

Hi everyone I need some help please. I have a Netgear R7000 Router that isnt connecting to the internet. I have a modem through Frontier that is working fine. I called Netgear and they told me my files were curropt and i have unauthorized users on my system. Netgear wants to charge me $150 to fix this problem. Need some expert advise is it worth it or can someone on this form walk me through it. the Netgear router wont even register that its connected to my modem the internet light is just off or red.

Attached Files

Edited by taylorbud, 19 December 2014 - 10:06 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:13 PM

Have you tried connecting the computer directly to the modem with a cable?  Does it connect then? 

If so, then you may want to do a hard reset on the router.  Procedure described here: http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=88410. 

Additional information in that thread that may be applicable. 

Edited by ddeerrff, 19 December 2014 - 09:18 PM.

Derfram
~~~~~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users