Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i7 5th Gen and X99

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jeff 416

Jeff 416

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:58 AM

I'm building a new gaming rig based on the Rampage V Extreme, but am not sure about what processor. I'm trying to have a future proofed as possible multi GPU gaming rig with competative "overclockability". The 5930K is nearly half the price of the 5960X, but I get conflicting benchmarks from different sites. Futuremark for instance, shows the 5930K in second or third overall and 5960X in 7th!? And other sites have the 5960X on top. I understand that currently gaming is not heavily multicore, so its possible that the better performing for single core 5930K might be best. But recently, after comparing previous gens I noticed the 970K's are same number of cores and slightly higher clock than the 960X's. I'm wondering if anyone knows or has insight to a 5970K release? Would it have released with the 5820, 5930K and 5960X or will it still be the same socket(2011v3)?

Edited by Queen-Evie, 19 December 2014 - 11:40 PM.
moved to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users