Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office Home and Business Error msg. and shutdowns

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shrice

shrice

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:48 AM

Good day,

Over the last couple of days I have encountered multiple shut-downs of Word, Excel and Outlook when I try to open the program itself or a file thereof.  I get the "Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook has stopped working" message which changes to the shut-down.

I'm running W7Pro and Office Home and Business 2010 on IE11.  I have re-installed the Office Home and Business and gone through the endless "disable add-ins" process.  I have run the Emsisoft Emergency Kit which eliminated some viruses but the problem persists.  If anyone has any ideas, I'm open for suggestions.  Many thanks,  Shri

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shrice

shrice
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:30 PM

Hi, folks

Further to this problem.  Aside from driving me nuts over the last couple of days, I found Microsoft's offer of "We'll fix it for 100 bucks" to be unrealistic, so I continued on my own.  I finally did a System Restore from five days ago (from before it started going bad) and things seem to be working now.  I haven't seen a popup since.  Fingies crossed and all that.  I'm glad I didn't get Microsoft to do that for me.  Thanks to any of you who mulled it over, anyway.  Speaking of mulled, best of the holiday season to y'all.  Shel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users