Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Television Takes Over As Main Monitor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joebeaven

joebeaven

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:26 AM

Hi,

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate and I have a VTX3D Radeon HD5450 graphics card connected to a Cibox LW1922C monitor via a VGA cable and a Panazonic TX-32LZD85 TV via an HDMI cable.

When I turn on my TV, I'd like it to be a secondary monitor that I can drag videos onto to watch, however when I currently turn it on it takes over as the main monitor and my PC just shows my wallpaper. Please can someone tell me how to keep my monitor as my primary monitor and for my TV to become my secondary monitor when I turn it on?

Thanks,

Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,976 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:55 AM

Go into your screen setting and make sure your TV is set to be be your extended display and not you monitor.

c04144063.jpg

#3 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:22 AM

Thanks, that worked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users