Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Console lover turned hater!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:55 AM

Wanted to share a story with you fellow PC gamers. One of my friends was arguing that his PS4 had much better graphics than any computer could provide, to which I almost slapped him silly! 

So long story short, he loves to play Call of Duty games, for this story he was playing Advanced Warfare. He was saying "This game looks so beautiful! I would like to see any PC try to look this good". I let him know that my PC could outperform his PS4 on graphics and performance anyday. He did not believe it and claimed that nothing could trump the PS4! So a brief description of my rig:

MSI X99S Mpower Motherboard

i7-5820K Haswell-E 3.3Ghz OC to 4.5Ghz

Watercooled CPU

16 GB Gskill DDR4 2666 Mhz Memory OC to 3200Mhz

1000Watt ThermalTake PSU

2x EVGA GTX 670 FTW  SLI

1TB Samsung EVO 840 Pro SSD

Acer GD235HZ 23" 120Hz LED Monitor

So I brought him over and opened my Call of Duty Advanced Warfare which is running at maxed out settings. His jaw dropped to the floor at how well it ran and how great it looked! He told me he was pissed about spending so much on the PS4 when it initially came out and that he now wants me to help him build a system! 

My question is, how come console gamers hate PCs? Don't they see that developers give the PCs better textures, features and improvements for a reason? Now I am not trying to hate here, but I just don't understand why there are so many haters out there.

Gavin Seabrook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:11 AM

Well Gavin, you water-cool and OC which means you are a dyed-in-the-wool PC guy expert. You have a distinct advantage over him to begin with. Console peeps "just want things to work", preferably with a minimum of computer expertise on their part. AAMOF, I think consoles were created to do just that... provide a good gaming experience without having to work hard at it. Consoles generally can't be modified at all, or if you do jail-break the console, it voids the warranty.

Really, this was an unfair competition! You had him owned going in!

#3 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:33 AM

^ Yay :P

Gavin Seabrook

#4 Datcoolguy

Datcoolguy

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:44 PM

Yeah, the only advantage of console is that it's literally plug in, turn on and play. It's like comparing an automatic to a gear shift in a car.

Consoles hold most of the market tough, that's why most games are made for consoles and then ported to pc (Sadly, not always properly ported), well that and the fact that you don't have 10 billions variations out there to account for, you only have 6 at most.

"If you don't understand how your computer works, you shouldn't be messing with it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users