Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Zealand couple manages to lock themselves in keyless car for 13 hours

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,691 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:13 PM

According to New Zealand’s Otago Daily Times, a series of unfortunate events led to Alexandra, New Zealand, residents Mollieanne and Brian Smith suffering through a 13-hour-long ordeal in the front seats of their Mazda3 hatchback last month. The couple apparently got into their car without the car’s wireless key fob and somehow managed to lock the doors—and then couldn’t figure out how to get out.

The Times explains that the couple’s inability to unlock the doors stemmed from "a combination of stress, night-time, and what they called a lack of information from a car salesperson."

Although the pair tried to summon aid by sounding the car’s horn and tried to break the car’s windows with the spare tire jack, they ended up stuck in the Mazda from about 7:00 in the evening of November 5 through about 7:45am the next morning. Neighbors found the couple in dire straits, with Mollieanne Smith unconscious and her husband Brian having difficulty breathing. Mrs. Smith required a three-day hospital stay to recover.

New Zealand couple manages to lock themselves in keyless car for 13 hours

This is just too funny, We spend all this money on prisons, Who knew a Mazda3 would be just as secure. :hysterical:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:36 PM

I'm surprised they were not able to break the window with the tire iron. I keep one of those tools that also has a seat belt cutter in the car.

http://www.amazon.com/Seatbelt-Cutter-Window-Breaker-Escape/dp/B004TRKBOK

Edit: I want to clarify that I do not have this particular model. I linked to it as an example. From the reviews it does not look too good.

Edited by JohnC_21, 18 December 2014 - 04:47 PM.

#3 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:36 AM

I'm not that bad, but I have been in other peoples' cars where I've had trouble finding the door handle because it was in a weird place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users