Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help selling/salvaging lot of older computer/Tech parts

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 zumwon

zumwon

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:38 AM

Hey I have a bunch of older computers/parts/randomness.. game systems 
> I really want to get rid of them quick but I want to get something out of them rather than just giving them away

> Any selling sites, forums, .. anything would be helpful (excluding the obvious ebay/craigslist -but tips would be nice)
  > I know most general things about computers and upgrading 
   > I live in a small pop area so there isn't really a good chance of lotting it off to people around here

> I have some N64's, PS2 broken?, some NES's (most working/pin issues), random old games various sys

> 2 Dell Dimension 5150, Dimension 3000, other.. RAM, HDD, box of really old computer accessories

> A few 2010-ish laptops - 2broken screen , 1 battery issue

> Lots of Cables, keyboards, mice ect.. 

Any advice would be great, I'm too thrifty to donate it all but I get that's probably the reality ... thanks
(if this is not fit for this forum sorry.. new to this site) 

*Also I have some decent Dell coupons that expire today if anyone wants some.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Boat Doctur

Boat Doctur

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:39 PM

my post was posted in the wrong spot

Edited by Boat Doctur, 18 December 2014 - 12:47 PM.

#3 zumwon

zumwon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:46 PM

my post was posted in the wrong spot

your post?

#4 zumwon

zumwon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:03 PM

anyone...?

#5 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:07 PM

ebay? depending on the parts they may or maynot be worth anything.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#6 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:59 PM

For computers, and large computer parts, if you sell on sites like Ebay you can price them for what they are worth, but few people are willing to buy because they cost too much to ship. If you sell locally on sites like Kijiji people are more willing to buy because you can locally pickup, but you won't get anywhere near what they are worth.

For the harddrive, ram, cables, and etc I'm with the_patriot11, Ebay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users