Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have a weird problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 glanna98

glanna98

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:31 PM

A couple of hours ago my internet stopped working, which was a weird thing since my connection showed full bars and when i troubleshooted it found no problems. When i opened anything on google chrome it said that i wasnt connected to the internet. So I tried to open my Norton AntiVirus software but it just would do nothing, no matter how many times i clicked on the icon, it would not respond. Later it just started trying to fix my computer. The window that said there was a problem read thet i had an error called error 8504, 101 and that norton was trying to fix my internet connectivity, which in turn didnt work and asked me to go to its website for additional support, though i didnt have internet connection. I am now using my phone to write this. Any ideas??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:34 PM

I saw this.
We have seen this error appearing with a program called RapidBoot which comes with the Lenovo computers. If you have RapidBoot on your computer, make sure that you download and install the latest version. Contact your computer manufacturer for further assistance

More
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v62545610_EndUserProfile_en_us

I moved this to Antivirus tools for now.

Edited by boopme, 18 December 2014 - 03:35 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,386 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:50 PM

Looking through the Norton Community forums I noted quite a few users reporting the Error: "8504,101". The recommended solution was to direct folks to the support article provided by boopme. Unfortunately, those steps did not resolve the issue for many reporting that error.

We had two Authorized Symantec Representatives who assisted Norton users here, but neither of them have been active for the past several years. Not many members here use Norton (Symantec) products. Since this error is specific to Norton, your best course of action would be to contact their support techs.
* Norton (Symantec) Live Chat Support
* Norton (Symantec) Phone Support <- requires completing a form to obtain the phone number to call a Norton agent
* Norton (Symantec) Product Support
* Norton Community Users Discussion Forum

If you cannot use the computer with this issue, you will have to use your phone or a working computer.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 glanna98

glanna98
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:33 PM

Im not sure that is the main issue, i could uninstall norton and get a new antivirus, but i dont think it will fix my internet problem

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,386 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:39 PM

Have you tried using System Restore to return to a previous state before the problems began?

Note for Windows 7 users: Check the "Show other restore points box" to see any restore older points that may not be listed.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users