Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp S2 Booting Issues

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hawka

Hawka

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 19 June 2006 - 05:58 PM

I need help.

I had my MP3 player pluged into my pc via usb cable, near the end of me loading songs onto it, me PC froze then re started, but gets as far as the windows logo and shut down and re starts again this time with options to go into safe mode, safe mode with network, safe mode with c promt, last known configuration and normal mode.

I have tried the last known one and the same thing happens. I can get into safe mode but am unsure what to do from there.

I hope this can be fixed, as I don't have the windows and office discs

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sideliner2

sideliner2

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 13 July 2006 - 12:43 PM

hmmmmmmm.....See you posted this a month ago and no response. I posted today a similar problem and have not recd answer so far. This problem must be extremly hard to diagnose or a no brainer and no one told us. :thumbsup: . Iam moving on to another help site.

sl2

#3 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 13 July 2006 - 12:50 PM

sideliner2 I read your post a couple of hours ago and am thinking about it. You say that it is the same issue as Hawka has posted, but it is not. It is different, and will require a different solution. It doesn't seem like a couple of hours is too long to wait for free advice.

But I may just save my advice as you may have already gone to another site. Good luck to you!

Edited by Albert Frankenstein, 13 July 2006 - 12:52 PM.

ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#4 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 13 July 2006 - 08:23 PM

I will post this to Hawka since this is the right person in this thread. The fix for this is going to have to go thru probably both pieces of software you do not have. The Windows install software and the Microsoft Office software.

I know not what kind of computer you have so I can not tell you if or there is a recovery partition on the computer but if it does have one you do have part of the software. With out the software for Windows OS you are a bit illegal. But giving the thing that you might have a recovery partition you will have to call tech support or refer to the manual for your computer to make a recovery disk.

When you have this please return and post and we will be glad to give you a fix for the problem you have.

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 13 July 2006 - 09:57 PM

The easiest fix is to use Windows System Restore to revert your system state to a date that preceeds the beginning of the problem.

start/programs/accessories/system tools/system restore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users