Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

setting multiple audio players

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JamesPeters

JamesPeters

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:55 PM

I use Windows 7 and Firefox.  I have long been using both WMP and Winamp.  My audio and video files would automatically play in WMP, while internet streams would open in Winamp.  I also use Audacity.  I could use two or all simultaneously, lowering any to give my attention to another as I work with them.  This is the way I need it to be for what I do with audio. 

Since I had my computer serviced at a shop, including scans and updates, numerous settings and functions have changed or been disabled.  The shop attempted to correct a problem with playing streams, but it has caused all my audio files to be played in Winamp as well.  How can I get the files (only the files) to play in WMP again? The shop didn't have the answer. 

====

This is an update to my question.

After I posted the question, I got an email appearing to be from  Bleeping Computer telling me that an answer had been posted here. There was obviously no answer posted here, but this comment was in the email:

"You should take assistance from customer Care experts at [a toll free number]. They will fix all your problems Instantly."

When I called this morning to ask my question, a man with a strong foreign accent answered and heard my question, then told me I needed to give him access to my computer for him to diagnose the problem.  I had to tell him that I don't open my computer to anyone I don't know (which is simple common sense!), and only wanted general information on how to establish these defaults. But he insisted I must do this.  Naturally, I had to decline. 

Finding no reply here, my first suspicion was that this was a scam by someone who had hacked my email.  I have been accustomed to this and other such forums offering written replies as is usual, so such a reference to a phone made no sense.  So I decided to alert you in case, and ask for written recommendations about setting the defaults I mentioned, or reference to an internet source of such information. 

Edited by JamesPeters, 18 December 2014 - 12:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:05 PM

How can I get the files (only the files) to play in WMP again? The shop didn't have the answer.

Not sure about this also, but it could be a file association usually obvious by what icon is represented on each media (music/video) file. You can change the Properties of one (say music) file by right-clicking and browse by WMP program then hit apply.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users