Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quantum Encryption Makes Credit Cards Fraud-Proof

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,075 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:16 PM

With the help of QSA method, people will be able to create a physical "key" which is impossible to copy or create similar ones. So, this new technology will not allow any person to copy someone’s credit card and can validate the identity of any person or object, including debit and credit cards, even if the most important data has been stolen, the Optical Society reported in the Dec. 15, 2014 edition of the journal Optica.

However, Chip-and-Pin payment cards are opted by the major organisations to promote additional security solutions like tokenization and point-to-point encryption. Chip technology generates a unique code for every transaction, making it nearly impossible for criminals to use the card for counterfeit fraud. But we have also seen that the latest "Chip-and-PIN" technology are vulnerable to Card Cloning.

Quantum Encryption Makes Credit Cards Fraud-Proof

Call me a sceptic or paranoid if you like, But when ever I hear things like hack proof or fraud proof, I laugh,  because I can almost see some hacker saying " Right, lets see just how good that is".

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:25 AM

Security can only be proven over time.  You can't say anything is secure until it has been attacked.  Just look at all of the things that we thought were secure only to find out that they have had a massive hole for years.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:37 AM

I can almost see some hacker saying " Right, lets see just how good that is".

I agree...it's an invitation that welcomes all into the game to see who gets their first.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users