Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Travel/Time killer laptop connection??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,779 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:45 PM

I have a baby Acer that I use for travel and doctor office waits which can be quite long at times.  My question is can I set it up to have to manually select a WIFI connection?  Many of these places have multiple routers offering many connections, the LT hooks to or tries to hook to any convenient connection many of which are secure so the public is blocked, I would like to be able to chose the connection I want and weed out the others.

Phil

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:02 PM

There is a setting you can uncheck to Automatically connect.  Click on the wireless connection icon, then right the SSID(name of the network), click Properties, Connection tab and that's where it is. =)

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3,779 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:12 AM

Thanks will check it out a little later.

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users