Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Glad to be here...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RU International

RU International

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:08 PM

Guess I should post this over here:

I am the new IT assistant for Reformers Unanimous International, which is the largest faith-based recovery program in the country, but on an IT scale...very small. Everything is managed from google and we don't even run exchange, but this type of position is new to me. I spent 12 years in data communications in the Marine Corps and working for SAIC at Space and Naval Warfare in Charleston SC. I was in research and development there and my job was to test communication systems prototypes and provide research data for the government. I have no...absolutely NO helpdesk experience ever. My background in networking is routing and switching in the Cisco arena so I'm really glad that this site is here and hopefully I will be able to tap into the minds of professionals who have this kind of knowledge.

I became addicted to prescription pain medications and alcohol after my second tour in Iraq in 2006 and it led me down a very bad road. I ended up coming to RU to seek treatment for my addictions in 2012. It took a few tries but the Lord has gotten a hold on my heart and given me victory over my addictions but I had three useless years there where I wasn't working or anything so I'm really rusty on the networking stuff and I hope you guys will be willing to help me get whipped back into shape and maybe I can provide some assistance as I grow here. I'm serving the ministry in a volunteer capacity, so I'm not here trying to rely on you guys to pay my bills or anything. I look forward to being a part of the community and getting to know you.

Regards,

Ron

Edited by RU International, 17 December 2014 - 03:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users