Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC wont start normally. Just keeps restarting itself! (black screen)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dany4

dany4

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:07 PM

Hi everyone!

My friend has a huge problem. First, let me tell you what happened before the incident. His PC was fine until it started to get really slow. It happened from one day to another. It needed ages for every single step (like opening the internet browser etc). After installing the anti malware software (malwarebytes) and the anti virus programme (avira) everything was fine again. The objects they found have been removed and after that the PC would work normally again.

Our happiness didnt last long cos after 3 days he wanted to turn his PC on and there  was a blue screen stating the following:
A problem has been deteced and windows has been shut down to prevent damage. 
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ----> look at enclosed pic

The only option we had was to restart so we did. After that the PC keeps restarting itself without showing anything on the screen.

We tried to get into the bootmenu to select "repair computer" or "turn on in safe mode" but pressing F8 or any other key wouldnt help.
Only thing that works is F12 which opens up the BIOS menu.

I really hope you can help us.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:33 AM

Pull out all unnecessary hardware and peripherals, like extra usb devices, sound cards, other expansion cards, etc, even video card if it has onboard video. Then try starting it again (you may discover which device is causing the problem - or it might keep doing it, but this is what I would try)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users