Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can Vista work on XP machine with win7 drivers?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mystic12

mystic12

• Members
  • 1,582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:18 AM

Hp Compaq dx2000 MT business desktop, came with XP Pro, owner wants to run Vista, looking online I am seeing windows7 drivers for this unit here on HP's site:

I know normally you can use vista drivers to load win7 but this is the opposite, would this work problem free please?

Hp Compaq dx2000 MT business desktop, came with XP Pro, owner wants to run Vista, looking online I am seeing windows7 drivers for this unit here on HP's site:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=401821&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4051

I know normally you can use vista drivers to load win7 but this is the opposite, would this work problem free please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,675 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:25 AM

When I went to your link, I selected the dropdown box for OS and Vista drivers were available. Vista Home, Enterprise, and Ultimate.

#3 mystic12

mystic12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,582 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:29 AM

So sorry John, yes, they are there, thanks!

#4 mystic12

mystic12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,582 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:32 PM

Major problem with Adobe flash player, everything works fine even the dvd and cd but youtube video is showing choppy with no audio, I uninstalled adobe 3 times, I had ugraded to SP2 and I tried with all 3 browsers, chrome, FF and IE same deal, help?

Edited by mystic12, 17 December 2014 - 04:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users