Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

usb driver causing system crash

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jrun

jrun

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:32 AM

On my Asus notebook, around a month ago I inserted an old usb stick I had to see what was on it.  Unfortunately, since that time the machine goes into a blue screen shutdown around twice a week.  The error message is something about a usb driver.

I'd like to just delete all the usb drivers, but don't know which ones to delete, or even if that would really fix the problem.  Any advice would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 josh_the_techie

josh_the_techie

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:59 AM

On my Asus notebook, around a month ago I inserted an old usb stick I had to see what was on it.  Unfortunately, since that time the machine goes into a blue screen shutdown around twice a week.  The error message is something about a usb driver.

I'd like to just delete all the usb drivers, but don't know which ones to delete, or even if that would really fix the problem.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi jrun,

Try running System Restore (Start > search for "System Restore") to a restore point before this problem started occuring. That would most likely fix the issue.

Also, if you can give us an STOP error code given in the Blue Screen, that you be helpful as that can help to pinpoint the problem.

Josh

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:52 PM

Or should you not want to revert your system to a month ago and lose any system changes or updates in the meanwhile.

Click Windows Start orb> right click "Computer"> click "Manage">Select "Device Manager" from the list> select "Universal Serial Bus controllers (bottom of list)> right click each one and "uninstall"> then restart computer.

USB drivers will install on reboot with new copies from your driver store.

#4 jrun

jrun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:01 AM

TsVk, I uninstalled all the usb drivers.  It installed them all on the startup.  Currently everything is working well, except since I did that, every time it boots up I get a message about it wanting to run "vsnp2uvc.exe".  That is some camera monitoring program by Sonix it seems, but I don't know why that should come up now, or how to get rid of it....

Yes, Josh, you are correct about System Restore.  I've used computers for many years, but never set a restore point before.  Your advice has helped urge me to get that done soon. :)

#5 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:43 AM

Uninstall Camera Monitor application from your add remove programs menu, through the control panel.

Should get rid of that error.

ps: configure automatic restore points like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users