Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I run Assassin's Creed Unity?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bright10A

Bright10A

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:29 AM

I have a gaming PC however I noticed that Assassin's Creed Unity requires a GPU of a GTX 680. I have a GTX 760 which is fairly close to a 680 in terms of performance and power. So my question is, do you think I can run AC Unity with at least a consistent 30FPS at low to medium settings with a 760 since it is REALLY close to a 680? I don't want to end up buying the game only to find out I can't run it which is why I ask this. Any help with this would be appreciated :D

My system specs:

CPU: AMD FX 8320 3.5GHZ

GPU: NVIDIA GTX 760

RAM: 8GB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gr33n_Gh05t

Gr33n_Gh05t

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:29 AM

Should not be a problem. If you have a 760 gtx that is a more powerful card than a 680. With your specs you should have plenty of power to achieve that on low to medium.I also noticed that there is a patch to fix framrate issues.make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card and patch the game to the latest version and you look like you will be ok. But-as a disclaimer I do not have any personal experience with the game. I am basing this on my personal experience with "recommended specs" on games. I have looked at the site and although the reccomended processor is a 4.0 for AMD the higher end video card should be enough to carry you. Hope this helps.

Gamer since 1987

#3 Bright10A

Bright10A
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:58 AM

Thanks for the feedback but actually a 760 is weaker than a 680, there is not a big difference which is why I asked this question in the first place but the 680 is stronger.

#4 Digital_Veil

Digital_Veil

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:34 AM

You could try this to get a rough idea: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

#5 Bright10A

Bright10A
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:45 PM

Already did, does not really help as I already know what the requirements are.

#6 Ezzah

Ezzah

• Members
  • 438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:05 AM

It is quite delusional to think that just because the 760 is a new series to think that it will defeat a 680 stock. Here's your proof that it won't:

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-760-vs-GeForce-GTX-680

You'll be able to play the game fine, but probably not on Ultra settings, considering the game also has some bug issues with performance.

mYIGVc5.png

#7 Bright10A

Bright10A
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:30 PM

Okay thanks but I never claimed it would defeat a 680. I just stated that the two are relatively close to each other in terms of performance which they are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users