Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disconnected Network Drive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ryvenna

Ryvenna

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:42 PM

Note: This is my boss's computer that he wants me to fix, so I don't know exactly how this error came about.

In My Computer, under Network Drives, I'm seeing this:
Tapes on 'T----------' (V:)

Drawing on 'A------' (Z:)

When I click on the names of the drives, I get the following message:
An error occurred while reconnecting V: to \\T---------\Tapes [or, when I try the other one Z: to \\A------\DRAWING]
Microsoft Windows Network: The local device name is already in use.
This connection has not been restored

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 19 June 2006 - 04:07 PM

If these drives are on a network and the company is having a problem are you the IT department? Personally I have a problem fixing a companies computer problem especially if it is on a network. I would think that this company should have its own IT department. If we try to fix this and what ever fix we give you to try does not work and it takes down their network, boy the trouble all of us are going to be in to say nothing about the trouble you will be in. I know your boss asked you to fix this. Did you get that i n writing?

I honestly think that getting a local company with the proper tech training will be the best thing for your boss to do.

#3 Ryvenna

Ryvenna
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 19 June 2006 - 04:49 PM

There is no IT department.

And yeah, I should've gotten it in writing before I ever touched my boss's computer. I debugged it on Friday at his request, and I know for a FACT his network wasn't working before I sat down at it, but decided that he had to be aware of this problem, and continued on anyway.

NOW, it's suddenly something I did, and he demanded a system restore, which failed. Another problem in and of itself, which I'm pretty sure wasn't caused by Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D.

Sigh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users