Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Editing Outline Numbering : WP12

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Hikermann

Hikermann

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:10 AM

WP 12 :  So what, please, is the special secret to be able to edit numbering styles; attempting to follow the "Help" details proves fruitless.  Specifically, when I choose the first style option shown in Outline/Bullets & Numbering (1. a. i. etc.), its preview nicely shows that the second level (a.) is indented as it should be.  When moving to that level in text, however, it is remains lined up at the left margin with 1. (even though i. (1) and all the rest are at their proper indents).  In an earlier rendition of WP I was used to, I could go into edit, into the reveal codes box there, and insert a HdLeftTab or LeftTab or whatever I needed to correct the problem; with WP12, however, after making that edit there is no OK button available (grayed out), so all I get for that bit of effort is to back out by Cancel .... and the second level a. remains stubbornly where it wants to be.

Any suggestions?

Much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users