Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help. Massive BSOD issues.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fatorangatang

fatorangatang

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:29 PM

Hi guys,

I hope someone is able to help me, I've been experiencing these bsod's for quite sometime and they are many and varied. I have updated and rebooted and debugged and refreshed even thrown the computer off a cliff (nah not really), but nothing I do fixes my computers bsod's.

My common errors are "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal", "system_service_exception", and "page_fault_in_nonpaged_area". There are around 25 other error messages that I have initially recieved, but I have perhaps solved a lot of those issues on my own.

I'm suspicious of my ram and windows as an OS, but I am really at a loss as to what is wrong and how to fix.

The machine is a toshiba sat-p70-a. with an "Intel Core i7-4700mq cpu @2.4ghz 2.4ghz" processor, it has 16gb of installed ram with a 64bit OS x64 based processor.

I've attached one of the dumps, that I ran through windbg, if I knew how to get earlier one's I'd include them too.

Thanks for any help!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,575 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:47 AM

1) Multiple and varied bsod's are typically caused by either malware or a major hardware failure.

2) Let's check the ram:download memtest (http://memtest.org/). Burn it to a cd using a dedicated .iso burning utility (http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm), make sure the cd drive is at the top of the boot order in bios, then boot to the newly created cd and run the utility.

3) Let's also check the hd: right-click on a command prompt icon and open as administrator. In the command prompt window type: chkdsk /r  (then press ENTER). You'll be told the disk is in use and asked if you want to run checkdisk on the next boot. Say yes, exit the command prompt window, and reboot.

4) If the above tests do not reveal any errors, please run full scans with both your anti virus app and with MalwareBytes

Please note that if all of the above come back clean, it could be the mobo, cpu, or even (though less likely) the power supply.

#3 fatorangatang

fatorangatang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:30 PM

Hi Allan, thanks for your reply and sorry for my delayed response. I can't seem to get memtest up and running no matter what I try. I think my problem is to do with the ram never the less. I'll have it checked out at a computer store, my wallet won't like me.

But again thank you very much for your help.

#4 RobertHD

RobertHD

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:49 AM

Same problem mate cant get the screen up reinstalled twice plus ive modified a few reg keys all working good

Robert James Crawley Klopp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users