Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this an Artifact? I think my PC is sick.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 equinox80

equinox80

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:45 PM

Hello guys! I know a lot about computers, enough to build them and make my own apps however not enough to know what this is:

Screenshot%202014-12-16%2012.27.50.png

This doesn't always happen, but when it does I usually need to restart my computer. Usually when Google Chrome starts doing this, all new tabs are affected but not old ones.

I think it's called Artifacting but I do not know, and if it is I'd like to know how to fix it.

Come to think of it, it must be reaaaally mad because it's the worse typing this than it has ever been.

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Intel® Core™ i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz

16 GB DDR3 RAM 2133 MHz

MSI Gaming N770 TF 4GB

Any more info needed just ask.

Edit: Moments after posting this I found something out (And yes I searched previously too, just finally found it). It seems I can "fix" this by disabling Hardware Acceleration in Google Chrome. However is this still something to worry about? I can't afford $500+ for another graphics card, took me a while to save up for that last component with college payments and all :). Bad enough my PSU squeals when over 60 fps and sometimes under.

Edited by equinox80, 16 December 2014 - 12:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 PhantomZwei

PhantomZwei

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:22 PM

That is in fact an artifact :P I have had weird issues with chrome and hardware acceleration as well (especially on youtube). Just keep an eye on it to make sure it does not do it more frequently. Also be sure to update to the latest Nvidia driver as well which might fix some issues. If worse comes to worse you could RMA the card if its hardware related. 

#3 equinox80

equinox80
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:31 PM

That is in fact an artifact :P I have had weird issues with chrome and hardware acceleration as well (especially on youtube). Just keep an eye on it to make sure it does not do it more frequently. Also be sure to update to the latest Nvidia driver as well which might fix some issues. If worse comes to worse you could RMA the card if its hardware related. 

Alright, thanks very much. I normally religiously update my drivers in general, but the latest Google Android update (Lollipop) was extremely buggy, so I research each update now lol.

Thanks though! Good to know it is an Artifact. It got worse but no issues since disabling hardware acceleration. I heard something about it being related to a Shadow Play bug too so I disabled that for now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users