Let me first start by admitting that I am not very computer savy. Honestly I probably do more harm than good. My computer issues started a few weeks ago, caused I believe by either shopping online or the computers battery completely dying. Currently I can only get my computer (Windows XP) to operate from the command prompt, if I try to open the computer in any other fashion it locks up. Here is a list of what's going on:
* I can not run SuperAntiSpyware or Norton.
* I can run CCleaner but it shows no issues.
* I have tried running rkill off of a CD using the command prompt but it never finishes.
* All system restore points were deleted.
* I get a black screen after logging in normally, just a black screen it doesn't do anything else.
* Safemode locks up because windows fix tries to run on start-up.
Any and all help with this will be greatly appreciated. Also, please dumb it down for me, it will in no way offend me.
Edited by Chad337, 16 December 2014 - 10:48 AM.