Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

fujitsu notebook freezes on shutdown

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jrun

jrun

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:41 AM

I've been working on fixing this notebook for 2 weeks now.  Finally i just went and got a new hard drive, and after installing a downloaded iso windows7, it installed fine and worked great.....until I tried to shut it down.  Then it froze where it says: "Shutting down".  Thinking it was a first-time fluke, I powered off, then restarted it.  It worked fine again until getting to the same point in "Shutting down" where it froze as before.

Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:18 AM

Hi

Many shutdown hangs can be attributed to a driver issue. Since you have performed a fresh installation of Windows from a downloaded ISO, have you installed device drivers for your system?

Before going on the web, make sure you have an Anti-Virus solution installed and configured.

Visit: http://www.fujitsu.com/global/  Choose support > support and downloads > select your country/region > notebook. Enter your serial, configuration, or model number to find drivers for your system.

Of course, visit the Windows Update Site and obtain the necessary updates for your Windows installation.

Best of luck and Please keep BC posted!

#3 jrun

jrun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:01 AM

I tried "restart" and that worked fine.  I ran a chkdsk, and that didn't find anything, but the hang on "Shutting down" is still present.

Thanks for the link to the drivers!  I'm not in a situation now where I can get on the internet with that computer, but will certainly do that at first availability.  Then I need to look for a way to get Japanese wording on this Windows7 Home Premium....

#4 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:29 AM

Hi

You can download the necessary drivers to a usb drive, using your current system and transfer them to your Fujitsu Notebook.

Here is a link to help you get the language issues resolved...

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-get-additional-display-languages#how-get-additional-display-languages=windows-7

#5 jrun

jrun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:29 AM

The Microsoft site only has language packs to use with Windows Ultimate or Enterprise (to the best of my understanding).  Finally I found "Vistalizator", a free program, and it is working great in changing all the Windows writing to Japanese.

Now, all that's needed to get the machine back to pristine condition is to have Microsoft activate Windows, and then get the drivers updates which will hopefully fix the shutdown problem.

Thanks for your help!

#6 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:14 AM

Sorry!... In haste, I forgot to put the link to download the language pack and install to Windows 7 Home Premium.

Guess I didn't proofread my reply either :scratchhead:

Here is the proper information...

http://www.wincert.net/tips/microsoft-windows/windows-7/2086-how-to-use-another-language-pack-on-windows-7-home-premium-and-professional

I'll be more cautious in the future!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users