Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Aol's Im Program

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dcanoli

dcanoli

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:24 PM

Does anyone know how to add your own smilies to AOL's IM programming or am I forever "stuck" with AOL's offerings?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 19 June 2006 - 06:19 PM

Hello,

My advice......if it is at all possible, get rid of AOL as fast as you can. Or, at least make plans to get rid of it some time in the near future. AOL is a disease, and the only reason it is so widespread is because of their Guerilla Advertising tactics. Here is an article recently published by PC World, listing their winners of the top 25 worst tech Products of all time. And guess which product is #1 on the list.......

http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,a...pg,2,00.asp#aol

Hope this helps,

nos :thumbsup:
When I'm right, I'm right....
And when I'm wrong, I could have been right....
So I'm still right, cause I could have been wrong.

#3 dcanoli

dcanoli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2006 - 06:54 PM

Hmmmm...well, I'm not sure it actually HELPED....but I know you are not alone in your opinion of AOL.

Personally, I don't have AOL, just the IM program.....I completely agree with the distaste for the mother company, but for me--I enjoy the IM program over others such as ICQ. Just my two cents, that's all....

#4 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 19 June 2006 - 07:05 PM

Hello,

Forgive my rant, I was just looking out for your best interests, but it seems you are already savvy to AOL. As for the smilies question, I havn't the answer to that. I do have AIM installed, but I can't even remember the last time I opened it. Truthfully, I do everything I can to avoid Instant Messangers.......

Regards,

nos :thumbsup:
When I'm right, I'm right....
And when I'm wrong, I could have been right....
So I'm still right, cause I could have been wrong.

#5 dcanoli

dcanoli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2006 - 09:30 PM

Hey,

No problem at all!

AOL drives me nuts...why people pay them is a mystery to me. I pay for my Mom's internet, and I pay $5/month....AOL is making a killing off (in my humble opinion) older & elderly users and people that don't think they "know" how to access the Internet any other way. Why pay them for information that is readily available for free all over the Internet? Insane, in my opinion.

I've posted this question 2x, and no one has answered it, so I don't think ANYONE knows the answer to it. I know it can be done because I've seen websites SELLING programs that will allow you to import your own smilies into IM.

As techno savvy as this website is, I thought SOMEONE would know the answer to this question! Thanks anyway for your "help!" :thumbsup:

#6 shortyman

shortyman

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2006 - 09:39 PM

Do you have the newer version of AIM or the older version? AIM Triton is the newer one.

#7 dcanoli

dcanoli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2006 - 10:43 PM

I have the older version. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users