Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unable to drag and drop icons on my xp

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dewitt dennison

dewitt dennison

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:56 PM

hi guys and gals, the old rookie back again. i have a xp pc that lets me have my icons on the far left, however whenever i want to move one to make room for more it wont let drag and drop it to a new location? can anyone tell me how to get this pc to let me move these icons to where i want them?  thx   dewitt 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:20 PM

Right click on an empty area of the deskop and make sure "Align to Grid" is checked, not Auto Arrange.

#3 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:21 PM

Actually you should have "Align To Grid" & "Auto Arrange" Unchecked.

You'll then be able to freely Drag the Icon[s] to any position on your desktop.

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

#4 dewitt dennison

dewitt dennison
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:43 PM

hey guys, thx for taking the time to help this old rookie. it worked just great     thx dewitt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users