Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer reboots continuously

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 javelina

javelina

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:23 PM

My computer has started rebooting continuosly in Normal mode. I am using Windows XP. The computer works in Safe Mode. I have done one system restore to the most recent restore point. After this, the computer still reboots continuously in Normal mode.

Thanks in advance for your help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:22 PM

Hello, and Welcome

Tap F8 at boot. Select "Disable Auto Restart on System Failure" then reboot. Does XP throw a blue screen? If it does, what is the stop error code?

#3 javelina

javelina
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:04 PM

Thank you! Here is the stop error code: 0x00000000A (0x00000000, 0x0000001c, x000000001,0x804FB09C)

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,828 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:58 PM

From your description it seems there is some kind of driver conflict. Are you able to use System Restore to take the computer back to a date before the problem happened? You can do this in safe mode. Make sure any files you placed on the desktop after the restore point date is copied to your My Documents folder? http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/system-restore-xp.htm

#5 javelina

javelina
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:36 PM

Thank you! My first system restore didn't work, but after reading your message, I have now restored to the previous point. I had been reluctant to try this without some insight. It appears to be successful as I am typing this in normal mode on my P.C. I really appreciate your help in salvaging this Monday.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,828 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:52 PM

Thank you for the update. Glad it worked for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users