Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Resetting Toshiba NB205

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 adrihooks

adrihooks

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:52 PM

I bought a used NB205 and it moves extremely slow and I thought the only option is to reset to factory settings, but I do not have any disks from Toshiba OR Windows...If I reset, will I lose my Windows or have to restore it with disks?

I know when you buy a new computer, it comes with disks and I believe Windows is installed already, but I am not sure if I reset it it will automatically have Windows installed again.

Please HELP!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,874 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:14 PM

Info

Louis

#3 adrihooks

adrihooks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:20 PM

I've already done that. However, I called Toshiba...it will wipe out my windows unless I get the CD for $39.95

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,874 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:27 PM

Well...Toshiba developed the mechanism and the system.  I can't suggest anything other than the info in the link I submitted.

Louis

#5 adrihooks

adrihooks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:32 PM

Do you think the processor is slow?? Or should I clean up the viruses?

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,002 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:24 PM

Do you have a recovery partition shown in Disk Management? Right click Computer > Manage > Disk Management. Post a screenshot of your Disk Management Window.

Edit: The computer orginally specifictions list it as using XP. You posted in the Windows 7 forum. If Windows 7 was installed after XP then you will not be able to factory reset it.

Edited by JohnC_21, 15 December 2014 - 02:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users