Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Corsair H80i or Cooler master evo 212?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 threebills

threebills

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:19 AM

so of these 2,which will keep my CPU cooler?Im not looking to overclock,just want something better than the stock cooler.Im not concerned with noise or the monetary difference,just which will keep it cooler.I can look at benchmarks all day but would like to hear from people that have used the 2.Thank you....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 threebills

threebills
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:21 PM

errrr,i think you posted on the wrong thread

#3 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:55 PM

The h80i would likely keep the cpu cooler... however, I am not a fan of liquid cooling unless you are for certain going to be overclocking as far as you can go, since you say you won't be overclocking my vote is for the evo 212.  I have an evo 212 on my 4770k and it will overclock to 4.0ghz stable. The main reason I prefer air cooling is: less failure points, liquid coolers have water pumps that I have seen fail, often there is no error when the pump fails, (sometimes there is a fan failure warning from the mainboard). Also even though some of the systems are fully enclosed, I have seen those lose liquid somehow and then your cpu gets warm or overheats. If the hoses or seals happen to leak on your mainboard, well even though they say it is non corrosive liquid, every time I have seen damage done to the board and in some cases other components.

Liquid is great for extreme overclocking, air is better for minor overclocking and reliability.

Edited by zingo156, 15 December 2014 - 03:58 PM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:09 PM

Im with zingo, unless your planning on doing some major overclocking, liquid cooling is a bit excessive. In fact, with a good case and heatsink, you can pull of some really extreme overclocking on a air-cooled system. 

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users