Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD... Error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0xD1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 attillas

attillas

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:12 AM

Happens while downloading torrents , I am unable to find  netio.sys .  

I  Ran "Who Crashed" program:

SYSEM INFORMATION

computer name: LINDA-PC
windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601
windows dir: C:\Windows
Hardware: NY540AA-ABA CQ5210F, Compaq-Presario, PEGATRON CORPORATION, NARRA5
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Athlon™ II X2 215 Processor AMD586, level: 16
2 logical processors, active mask: 3
RAM: 3219644416 total 

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sun 12/14/2014 9:47:14 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\121414-32495-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: netio.sys (0xFFFFF88001408665)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF88001408665)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\netio.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Network I/O Subsystem
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

I ran speccy .. but i don't know what I'm looking for   help !1

Edited by hamluis, 15 December 2014 - 12:28 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:15 AM

Please post that Speccy link in the box below, then try to understand follow the advice.

SYS errors, such as those associated with netio.sys, most often occur during computer startup, program startup, or while trying to use a specific function in your program (eg. printing).
SYS file errors are typically caused by faulty hardware or corrupt device driver files. Because of the importance of Netio.sys in the functionality of Windows 7 Professional SP1 32-bit and other Windows functions, any corruption or damage to this file can create critical system errors in the form of a (BSOD).
I may be wrong, but I believe it was part of a major update ....................................

More specifically, these netio.sys errors can be caused by:
    Incorrectly configured, old, or corrupted Windows 7 Professional SP1 32-bit device drivers. (very common) check Device manager for any ( ! ) or ( ? ) marks.
    Corruption in Windows registry from a recent netio.sys-related software change (install or uninstall).
    Virus or malware infection that has corrupted the netio.sys file or related Windows 7 Professional SP1 32-bit program files.
    Hardware conflict after installing new Microsoft hardware, or hardware related to netio.sys.
    Damaged or removed system files after you’ve installed software or drivers related to Windows 7 Professional SP1 32-bit .
    netio.sys blue screen caused by a damaged hard disk.
    netio.sys STOP error due to memory (RAM) corruption.

Although this seems to generally explain your basic problem, the options are many and varied.

Much is taken from an article by Jay Geater, but it is on a Registry Editor site, so I will not leave a link to it.

It was not an original system file even though it is M/Soft based, but was installed later (could be part SP1 or similar)

If you have only one BSOD related incident, you can look for a Restore Point prior to 12/14/2014 (your listed BSOD date)

For the Speccy - Make a new one - Please post a snapshot with Speccy for more system details -
How to Publish a snapshot with Speccy <<-- Full Directions Here (only Copy / Paste the link)

Thank You -

Edited by noknojon, 16 December 2014 - 04:27 AM.

#3 attillas

attillas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:18 AM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/Vh6VU4OyD2FelOCTU1ioIPu

I get bluescreened  when starting up a torrent or trying to open a downloaded file.

my restore point is only 3 days back this has been going on for several weeks

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:01 PM

Hi -

Try to create about 1 "clean" Restore Point every week, if this happens again.

Do not use any torrent programs unless you have your own saved data there, as it is a well known problem with netio.sys.

You have a large HDD, but you run minimal RAM that can be too small at times.

RAM = Slot #1 Type: DDR2 - Size: 1024 MBytes - Manufacturer: Kingston << Remove this one
Slot #2 Type: DDR2 - Size: 2048 MBytes - Manufacturer: Kingston Part Number: HP5189-2180-ELC << Replace with another of these

Thanks -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users