Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi - the name is John, from Durham NC

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 johnboync99

johnboync99

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:33 PM

Hi, I know just enough about trouble shooting computer problems to be dangerous, mostly to myself.

My desktop computer is an HP/Compaq dc5750, with an AMD Athlon cpu.  The O/S is Windows 7 Ultimate.

It is nothing special, just something I purchased off Craigs List from a guy nearby who does IT support for several small businesses. When he upgrades their hardware, he puts the old computers on CL for sale.

It is nice that he updates all the software to current Windows Office apps so, for ~$150 you get a decent running computer with software that would cost you more than the computer. 

I earn my living by working in R&D for a big pharma company in Research Triangle Park.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users