Hello fellow bleepers, let's cut to the chase shall we?
I was happily browsing the web on my desktop computer and all of the sudden webpages stopped loading, now i tought it was my internet, but a quick ping to google proved that that was not the case.
Next tought was "wellp chrome is screwed up" but opera soon proved it wasn't just chrome
Now i was in for trouble, so i started googling ways to fix it, tried all of them, none seemed to work, then when i was about to post here i clicked on my speccy snapshot by mistake, and guess what, it loaded, tried other webpages and they did too, just not how they sould, they'd take ages and load with missing images, sometimes the entire page would be all screwed up (as in plain text with no proper formatting)
so i said, well, let's see if it starts working.
It did, to an extent, but after a reboot it started again, now i'm no tech expert but for some reason google chrome is able to access the pages after tying for a while, as in like failing to load, and then refreshing and it loads more, and so on, my guess is that it has to do with cache.
Now the problem i face is that the first times i try browsing the internet after turning the PC on it just won't work properly, after a while it starts to work a tad better, but some pages still fail to load images and stuff like that.
Now, this computer is connected via an ethernet cable directly to the wifi modem, already tried restarting the modem, moving the ethernet cable to a diferent port and changing the ethernet cable, didn't help.
Also tried reinstalling the ethernet controller so windows would configure it as it wanted, didn't help
Switched the auto DNS lookup to google's DNS (126.96.36.199 - 188.8.131.52) didn't seem to change anything
So i'm beat, and i'd like your help. You guys need anything just ask, i ran avast and malwarebytes anti malware and found nothing, altough to be frank malwarebytes wasn't able to finish due to a power outtage
anyways, here's my speccy snapshot.
Sorry for the long post, thanks for read.
EDIT: Forgot to add, whenever chrome fails to load a webpage the error code says DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET
Edited by Datcoolguy, 14 December 2014 - 09:13 AM.