Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop icons for installed program

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mhoss49

mhoss49

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:24 PM

My granddaughter got a new pc with windows 8.1. I installed microsoft office 2007....which I own. I know it is installed by looking into control panel/programs. My windows 7 pc has the start button which allows me to see all programs and right click on word, excell and power point and pin to desktop. Without the icons I can't open any of the programs. I looked in program x86 and program files hoping Office was in one of them and maybe right click and get the icons on the desktop from there, but the microsoft office 2007 is only control/programs/uninstall. As before mentioned without the icons to open the programs they are usless. Damn Microsoft how much could it cost have left the start button alone. Any help pease.  Thanks in advance mhoss.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,937 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:40 PM

Can you get to your Office apps using the method shown here?  You can get to the desktop by holding the Windows+D key. There is a bit of a learning curve but you can install a program called Classic Shell and make Windows 8 look and act like Windows 7.

http://www.classicshell.net/

Here is a video showing it's use.

#3 mhoss49

mhoss49
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:21 PM

Thanks JohnC_21. It turned out to be as easy as asking my 14 year old granddaughter. I wanted to reply for others who might experience the same situatiom. She simply went to the app page and opened the search option and typed in Microsoft Office 2007 and all three (word, excell,powerpoint) came in a form of list similar to the all programs I see on windows 7 when I click start button. It was same as windows 7....right click icon for each and pin to windows 8 start app page and or also to taskbar on desktop page. Thanks bleeping and feel free to end topic.     mhoss49

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users