Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

spyhunter 4

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Mowpar

Mowpar

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:57 PM

I have tried everything to get rid of this crappy spyhunter 4....... is suppose to help but now it is acting like a virus,,,,,, instead of  a help aid.  I went to programs, tried to uninstall there.it  would not. I removed in task mngr all the processes.  I installed revo installer, it removed all visible signs of the Spy hunter 4 but every once in awhile the spy hunter shows up doing a scan that was not asked for or  expected. 

Where can this spyhunter be hiding on my computer that I can not find it and get rid of it.  If you can help or point me the way tto help I would really appreciate it   :smash:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,630 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:16 PM

Download and run the following in order.

Adwcleaner

Junkware Remover

Malwarebytes. You need to make sure you uncheck the box for the trial version so you get the free version instead.

HitmanPro which is a 30 day trial.

#3 Mowpar

Mowpar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:58 PM

Hi John are you the only one working again? I just have couple of questions, before I start this. One is, I have A paid for version of Malwarebytes installed. Do I have to make any adj. for this? One more thing, how will I know if it works, can I leave these downloads on my desk top for awhile just in case the spyware hunter 4 decides to pop up again and run a scan. I figure if it does not run spyware 4 for a whole sitting using the computer I then can take the downloads off.

I have no indications that SpyHunter 4 is on my computer now.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,630 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:15 PM

If you have a paid version of Malwarebytes you do not have to make any adjustments. Just make sure the database is up to date. Yes, you can leave the downloads on your desktop. If SpyHunter does not show up you can delete them.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,907 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:51 PM

Please read this topic for important information about SpyHunter and how to remove it.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#6 Mowpar

Mowpar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:22 AM

I have not been able to find adwcleaner download site. That will let me download. Three of them were detected by AVG as potential virus threat, one was even blocked by Outlook express. I tried to down load from major geeks sie thinking it would be virus free buy I could not find it amongst all the false download sites put there to full you to there sites.

This was just the first thing I had to download and un I am sure the opt hers will be the same. Any ideas. Do I have to take avg off if so what of the virus it had detected.

I did find clean download of adw cleaner. On bleeping computers

Edited by Mowpar, 14 December 2014 - 01:54 AM.

#7 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:36 AM

I have not been able to find adwcleaner download site.

Get it from Bleepingcomputer.

AdwCleaner

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,907 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:37 AM

Please follow the instructions I provided before running AdwCleaner or any other security tools.

#9 Mowpar

Mowpar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:02 PM

I have had previous problems with this computer. These problem I believe left on my computer by Dell tech's that I have expresses disdain to. They have done a good job to destroy my pc, and unbelievably have done such a good job, that no fix to this day has been able to overcome there handy work.

Please follow the instructions I provided before running AdwCleaner or any other security tools.

I have tried this, it does not have any results.

Edited by Mowpar, 14 December 2014 - 01:32 PM.

#10 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,907 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:59 PM

If the suggested removal methods fail...then you need to Contact ESG Technical Support Team and submit a ticket.

* How to Submit a Customer Support Ticket

Submitting support tickets is only for customers who purchased ESG products. If you are not a paid customer or not able to logon to their member’s section, you can try contacting ESG through the Inquiries & Feedback page.

#11 Mowpar

Mowpar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:47 PM

I don't have any idea what you are talking about, but it sounds like I am not getting any help here. I am no Dick Tracy, but I did get that much out of it.
I have went into the properties of SpyHunter and X'd out the boxes from having permission to do anything.

If I still have problems I will seek else where.

Edited by Mowpar, 14 December 2014 - 08:48 PM.

#12 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,907 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:02 PM

You are trying to remove SpyHunter.

What I am saying is that if the normal uninstall instructions do not work...then you must Contact ESG Technical Support Team and submit a ticket so they can assist you with removal. You paid for that support when you purchased their product.

Since Enigma has effectively and legally blocked other security vendors from detecting/removing SpyHunter I don't have another suggestions for removing it other than what I already provided.

#13 Mowpar

Mowpar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:40 AM

I did not pay anyone for anything i don't know where you get this idea. You should try reading what one has to say before attempt to help.

My computer now is just running a cycle of shutting down goes to the dell symbol, then to tje windows icon, then says it is preparing to configure windows updates, after its done with that it reboots to do the same thing.

I was able to do a system restore, it did the job, i thought. Computer funtioned great, until i turned it off and when it came bavk on it started the cycle agipain. Malwarebytes scan showed somw things and got rid of them same with AVG .

I think the fat lady is singing.

Edited by Mowpar, 15 December 2014 - 12:49 AM.

#14 Mowpar

Mowpar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:24 AM

I at this point am overwhelmed. The answers seem to be about questions I never asked. If somehow I have led anyone to believe that I have bought membership in to SpyHunter, I am sorry I have not. I am just trying to get rid of its effects. I mentioned that I have the paid for services of Malwarebytes, and free version of AVG.

With all the information provided here at once I am not real sure what to do first. But I will take all the instructions given, follow each through until I have succeeded.

Thanks for your help.

About the logs from the virus and malware, I do not have access to computer controls since this looping of starting up and shutting down.

#15 Mowpar

Mowpar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:40 PM

I have heard back from person at enigma, is going to set me up with a tech to get rid of this problem, I called it a Virus he said it wasn't a Virus. I told him if it quacks like a duck.

This seems to me to be worse than a virus, a virus scanner would pick out a virus, this skipped through and did damage like a virus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users