Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shell

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:55 PM

I'm working on my first build windows 8.1 will not load to the HDD (Seagate cheetah 15k.7)3x I have a X79A 45G Plus MB with a LSI SAS/SATA control card. The SHELL keeps popping up list all three HDD's as blocked alias (null) I don't know anything about shell commands or what I can do to get the OS to load to the HDD 

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 14 December 2014 - 06:15 PM.
Moved to System building and upgrading

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:53 PM

Well maybe some can help me with this " I have a X79A 45G Plus motherboard with an LSI SAS/SATA controller card and 3 Seagate Cheetah 15K.7 hard drives I'm trying to load windows 8.1 on the first HDD but I keep getting the message that the OS can not be loaded to the drive I chose. sometimes it says windows could not find a partition nor could windows make a partition. I click on more information and sometimes I get this error 0x8007045d or 0x80300002 or 0xda48ab20. I formatted the HDD's and verified the format but I cannot seem to get into the HDD to partition it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:32 AM

Were you able to use the drives previously or are these brand new drives?  What happens if you try to install Windows without the controller card?

3939.png

#4 Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:02 PM

My drives are brand new (refurbished) with out the controller card the motherboard doesn't recognize them at all. I tried to find drivers for the hard drives but I don't seem to be able to find them either. I am truly lost here.

#5 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:27 PM

Hard drives don't usually need drivers.  Do you have another motherboard you can attempt to connect these drives to?  Have you done anything in the BIOS or is it using the default values? 

3939.png

#6 Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:11 PM

No I haven't  done anything in the Bios The set up for the adaptor card says the adaptor is enabled but when the cmd (shell) pops up it list the HDD's as blk0: blk0 blocked alias blk0 (null) 

I respond with alias blk0 enable press enter it jumps to the next line

Shell _  and nothing happens it seems to recognize the command but does nothing about  

I'm going to mess with it some more tonight

Its something I'm doing or not doing for sure but with a little We'll get her.

#7 Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2014 - 01:01 AM

my motherboard documentation says PCI e slot 6 will support PCI e 3.0 x8 speeds but it is a 3.0 x16 slot would that have something to do with it???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users