Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

install to usb drive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 defurman

defurman

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:20 AM

I am quite happily running Ubuntu 14.04. But no matter what i try i just cannot install the latest version of Unetbootin from Sourceforge. I get a link to the file in my Downloads directory and if i double click on it nothing happens? I opened a terminal and went to the Downloads directory and then typed: chmod a+x unetbootin-linux-608. I then typed: ./unetbootin-linux-608 but still nothing happens?

Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong please or if there is another program beside unetbootin i could use to install a linux distro onto a USB drive please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 11,708 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:35 PM

What Operating system are you trying to install Unetbootin to?

In Ubuntu open terminal and copy and paste or type this.

sudo apt-get install unetbootin

This will install Unetbootin on Ubuntu.

I get a link to the file in my Downloads directory and if i double click on it nothing happens?

Can you give me the link, I will look at and try to explain.

Do you need any more help with your Linux? Please feel free to ask. 

When you ask for support you should also include as much information about the problem as possible. Including all of the important details in your first post will greatly speed up the entire support process and allow our volunteers to better assist you. While you may think a particular error message isn't very helpful, it may be the key to resolving your issue. Some details we are looking for would include, but not be limited to:

•     Your distribution's name (Mint, Ubuntu, Debian, etc), version (17, 14.04, 7, etc), and architecture (32-bit, 64-bit).
  •     Provide relevant information about your physical hardware or installed software.
  •     Share relevant log files, screenshots, detailed error messages, or anything else that could be used to troubleshoot your issue.

[Community Standards] Properly Giving & Receiving GNU/Linux Support

Please start a new topic for each question.

Nick

Edited by NickAu, 14 December 2014 - 01:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users