Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 8.1 Pro Machine Freezes During any Media Render Process

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HypnoticSounds

HypnoticSounds

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 13 December 2014 - 04:20 AM

I'm finally swallowing my pride and admitting I am stumped.

Two years ago I built a computer with the following spec:

AsRock 770i Cafe Mobo

AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 8-core @ 3.6 GHz

G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4) PC3 DDR3 SDRAM 1600 (PC3 12800)

OCZ Agility 4  2.5" SATA III SSD 512 GB

Samsung 830 Series 2.5" SATA III SSD 256 GB (OS Drive, and upgrade from former OCZ Agility 3 60GB SATA III SSD)

Mobo Sound chip

PNY NVIDIA 610 GT

Computer usually also has a LaCie Minimus USB 3 (2.0 compatible) 2 TB ext HDD attached for work overflow. 

I am a full YouTube Partner with an MCN connected channel. For the last 18 months, I've only been able to render audio and video with lots of difficulty. Windows Movie Maker freezes the whole computer solid if any attempt is made to render a video which is more than 5 mins running time.  All other video editors work about the same (computer freezes), with the exception of Magix Video Pro X5, which will render a video of up to two hours as long as there is no soundtrack included.  What I have to do is render the video body, then mate the soundtrack to it using Adobe Soundbooth.  If I attempt a video render of longer than 2.5 hours using Magix, and go to bed leaving it running, I wake up to find the computer has rebooted, most likely after a BSOD, and is awaiting a fresh login.

In addition, any attempt to visit a web site which has major Flash components does the same thing.  Computer freezes solid, USB functions go dead, and the only thing left to do is hit the power switch and turn it off.  I am at the end of my patience and am considering putting the beastie in the shop unless someone at Bleeping Computer can offer a solution; the problem is starting to interfere with my contractual obligation to my network.

Edited by HypnoticSounds, 13 December 2014 - 04:23 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:25 AM

Recently updated - Do Not accept any free offers as they are Not Flash Player, Just advertising. Adobe Flash Player - Downloads

If you are a heavy YouTube user then see >>

an install of flash player pro is recommended ... - YouTube

Thank You -

#3 HypnoticSounds

HypnoticSounds
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:23 AM

I already know about that scam my new friend, and have never accepted one of those as they are always from fake sites.  As a matter of fact since I use Google Chrome as my main web browser, and it has a custom Flash module called "Pepperflash", I've uninstalled Adobe's player entirely and that has done nothing towards relief of the problem. Neither RKill nor ADWCleaner have found any of the mentioned files from that site, either; this is something else entirely as I have run both utilities multiple times in the last 18 months without the problem being cleared.

Edited by HypnoticSounds, 13 December 2014 - 07:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users