Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with dep

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tgrbear6

tgrbear6

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:41 PM

I have a problem with a website that I go to which is a local schools website. I go to this website to get the school menu for the month. I've always been able to get it without any problem until the last couple of months. It's suppose to show the menu in a pdf format so that you can print it off. Now when I go to it instead of giving me the pdf all I get is internet exploer is not working. From what I can find out there is a dep problem and I have tried to fix it but I can't find the file or I don't know how to find it to fix it. Can anyone tell me if this is a dep problem and if so how do I go about fixing it. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:44 PM

Have you tried a different browser such as Firefox or Chrome?

If not, try it and see if it will print. If it does you can use the alternate browser while you try to get the Internet Explorer issue resolved.

Firefox https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Chrome http://www.google.com/chrome/index.html

Edited by Queen-Evie, 12 December 2014 - 10:46 PM.

#3 tgrbear6

tgrbear6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2014 - 04:16 PM

Thanks but that didn't work either same problem says internet explorer stop working.

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,787 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:10 PM

Reset IE

1. Close any Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.
  2. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button . ...
  3. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
  4. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.

Tel me if that has helped

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#5 tgrbear6

tgrbear6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:43 PM

Thanks that worked once again thank you so much for your help.

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,787 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:56 PM

Cool.  All good !

Just as a side note.....if it does this again...reply to this topic again....I will keep a watch on it for a couple of weeks.

Edited by Condobloke, 13 December 2014 - 05:58 PM.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users