Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very Slow Loading Some Websites/Pages

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 meeshu

meeshu

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:36 PM

Been having the issue of a few website pages literally taking up to 5 minutes (or longer) to load since about a month or so ago. This happens most of the time, but occassionally these web pages load a bit quicker (maybe 30 seconds or so).

Apart from a few minor system utility installations, there have been no other changes or installations of programs.

Most web sites load relatively quickly, but just a few sites take a long time to load. Bleeping Computer is one of those slow loading sites.

This slow web page loading seems to occur primarily for websites with forums (which have very little web page content; it is mostly text), so, in theory, the pages should load quickly.

Also have problem posting new topics and responding to existing topics. Frequently my topic/reply does not seem to take and is not shown after the web page reloads automatically. I have to re-enter my text and re-submit it before it is eventually shown on the web page. This happened for this topic. At my first attempt at posting this topic the main page just loaded and my topic didn't appear!?

I'm on a dial-up connection which doesn't help. But while waiting for web pages to load there is very little actual data transfer occuring or there is no data being transferred. Maybe only a few tens of bytes per second is being transferred instead of the usual 5 kilo byte per second download. There seems to be something restricting/stopping data transfer(?)

This occurs regardless of browser used (Opera, Firefox, Chrome, IE).

Apart from Windows 7 default firewall, there are no other firewalls on my system. No anti-virus/anti-malware programs running either.

Cleared browser cache and cookies.

Flushed system DNS.

Used Auslogics registry cleaner to fix registry issues.

Ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Junkfiles Removal Tool, and Adwcleaner with little or nothing of concern found.

Tried using ESET Online Scanner, but failed it to download updated definitions file after two attempts with the error message "Can not get update. Is proxy configured?" So gave up on this scanner.

Running Windows 7 x64 SP1.

Malware on my system? Internet settings changed? Why only affecting a few websites and not others?

Edited by meeshu, 12 December 2014 - 06:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users